As discussed it is important for you to feel comfortable with me. Majority of couples are interested in knowing up front the cost of the ceremony, this is not listed on my website and will be discussed at the no obligation free meeting. My fee is similar to the Birth Deaths & Marriages (BDM) NSW.
Please think about some of the following, the differences between having a ceremony where, when and how you want it or at the office of BDM where they may not be able to be as flexible, having who you want to attend your ceremony not being limited to 10 people at the BDM Wollongong office.
My fee includes:
- Lodging of all the legal documentation.
- A collection of material for you to view to assist and inspire you with writing your unique and special ceremony reflecting your journey together.
- Information about symbolic rituals/traditions if you choose to use them
- Unlimited consultation in person, via phone or email,
- Draft copy of your ceremony to review, change and ensure you are happy with the final version
- A Rehearsal is recommended with the wedding party to assist with the pre-wedding nerves and so everyone knows what to expect on the day.
- My dress code will be discussed with you to ensure I take into account the colours to be worn by the bridal party including the mothers of the bride and groom.
- My guaranteed to arrive 20 minutes prior to the scheduled commencement time of the ceremony
- The use of a Portable PA system with the facility for CD/Ipod to play your chosen music.
- Conducting the ceremony and signing the documents therefore Solemnizing the marriage
- Sending all the documentation to the Registry office following the ceremony.
- If due to unforeseen emergency circumstances and I am unable to officiate at your ceremony I will arrange for a fellow celebrant to be present.
Following the obligation free meeting, if you decide to accept me as your celebrant, you will be required to pay a non refundable booking fee of $150 to secure your date and time. If there are additional expenses these will be discussed at the first official meeting.
The balance of the fee is to be paid two weeks prior to the ceremony. I believe I conduct myself in a professional manner and I am required to follow the Code of Practice for Celebrants.
It is important to remember my fee is very competitive and I will spend a number of hours (range can be between 10-20 hours) to assist you with writing a unique and special ceremony that reflects you both as a couple. Your wedding day is extremely special to you both and you have spent a lot of money on dresses, suits, venues, photographers, hair, makeup, gifts for your bridal party and not to forget the honeymoon. My fee is only a small part of the wedding cost but the ceremony is the most important part of your day and I am privileged to be able to ensure that you are legally married with both of you leaving your single life to become husband and wife.
I have often heard people say “the celebrant gets paid for 30 minutes work”, as you can see there is a lot of work required to ensure your special day is Amazing for you both. I am continuing to outlay money to improve myself. I have undertaken many courses and I am required by law to attend the compulsory professional education each year. I also attend conferences to increase my skills, knowledge and to meet with my fellow colleagues. I am a member of the Australia Marriage Celebrant Incorporated and Australian Celebrants & Celebrations Network who provide me with professional support.