A Notice of Intended Marriage form is required by law to be completed and lodge with the celebrant at least 1 month or up to 18 months prior to your wedding day.
The Documents (no photocopies accepted) that are required to be sited by me are:
- Original Birth certificates of the bride & groom (must be produced if born in Australia)
- Original passport if no birth certificate available (if born outside of Australia)
- If either party have been married before than
a). Original Decree Absolute (if divorced)
b). Original Death Certificate (spouse deceased)
- If either party has changed their name by deed poll, official documentation is required.
- The bride & groom are required to sign a Declaration of Marriage prior to the ceremony confirming that there is no legal reason why the marriage cannot take place.
- Court orders are required for minors who wish to marry.
You are required to have two witnesses over the age of 18 present at your ceremony.